Annie Lennox was born on Christmas day (1954) in Scotland. Besides from being gorgeous and amazingly talented, she is also known for her tireless humanitarian work and her political/social activism.
She has been named as one of the “Greatest 100 Singers of All Time” by Rolling Stone Magazine. Throughout her astounding career, she has sold over 80 million album copies.
10 Interesting Facts:
1. Annie Lennox studied flute at the Royal Academy of Music in London.
2. She became an “Officer of the Order of the British Empire” (OBE) and was awarded this in 2011.
3. She has won an Oscar for “Best Original Song” written for “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King”
4. She worked in a fish factory for a while.
5. In 1999, her and her partner, Dave Stewart (Eurythmics), gave all their profits from their “Peace Tour” to Amnesty International and Greenpeace.
8. Annie Lennox’s first husband, Radha Raman, was a Hare Krishna monk.
9. Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders is her best friend.
10. VH1 ranked Annie Lennox #9 on the 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll.
Enjoy this Annie Lennox Music Video:
We adore Annie Lennox, and say without hesitation that she is worth a follow on Twitter.