In an interview in 2009, Tim Berners-Lee admitted that the initial pair of slashes (“//”) in a web address were actually “unnecessary”. He said that he could easily have designed URLs not to have the slashes.
What we find amazing about Berners-Lee is that he made his idea available freely. He didn’t patent it and didn’t expect any royalties. It has been estimated that the Internet is worth $684 billion to the United States GDP every year! Big up to the man! Respect!
Queen Elizabeth II knighted Tim Berners-Lee in 2004. He is now Sir Tim Berners-Lee. And bloody rightly so!
For the mere fact that you wouldn’t be reading this without the man, we recommend Berners-Lee is most definitely worth a BIG follow.
1. “I love the way you kiss me…especially when you kiss me there!”
2. “I want to get naked with you right now.”
3. “Do you like the way that feels?”
4. “Use your mouth on me.”
5. “I love the things you do with your tongue.”
6. “You’re so damn gorgeous.”
7. “Want to see what I really want? Come closer…”
8. “Tell me what you want.”
9. “This is going to be the dirtiest night of your life.”
10. “It drives me crazy when you look at me that way…”
11. “You taste so good.”
12. “Come over here and ride me hard.”
13. “Your wish is my command.”
14. “I want to feel those sweet lips all over me.”
15. “I’m going to suck you like a lollipop.”
If anyone tries this it would be great to know how it worked!
Annie Lennox was born on Christmas day (1954) in Scotland. Besides from being gorgeous and amazingly talented, she is also known for her tireless humanitarian work and her political/social activism.
She has been named as one of the “Greatest 100 Singers of All Time” by Rolling Stone Magazine. Throughout her astounding career, she has sold over 80 million album copies.
10 Interesting Facts:
1. Annie Lennox studied flute at the Royal Academy of Music in London.
2. She became an “Officer of the Order of the British Empire” (OBE) and was awarded this in 2011.
3. She has won an Oscar for “Best Original Song” written for “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King”
4. She worked in a fish factory for a while.
5. In 1999, her and her partner, Dave Stewart (Eurythmics), gave all their profits from their “Peace Tour” to Amnesty International and Greenpeace.
6. She suffered a stillborn son in 1988,
7. She is considered an icon within the gay and lesbian community.
8. Annie Lennox’s first husband, Radha Raman, was a Hare Krishna monk.
9. Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders is her best friend.
10. VH1 ranked Annie Lennox #9 on the 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll.
Enjoy this Annie Lennox Music Video:
We adore Annie Lennox, and say without hesitation that she is worth a follow on Twitter.
(Please excuse our Japanese! – 私たちの日本語をお許しください！)
We absolutely love Haruki Murakami! (我々は絶対に愛して村上 春樹!)
He has been described by The Guardian as “among the world’s greatest living novelists”. (彼は”世界で最も偉大な生きている作家の間で”とガーディアンによって記述されています。)
Murakami was born in Kyoto in 1949, to a Buddhist priest and a Merchant’s daughter. (村上は、仏教の僧侶や商人の娘のために、1949年に京都で生まれました。)
Kurt Vonnegut is counted as among his influences. (カート?ヴォネガットは彼の影響の間としてカウントされます)
IQ84 at Amazon
We love him for his brilliant imagination and sharp wit. Both of which come through in all his novels. (我々は彼の鮮やかな想像力と鋭い機知のために彼を愛する。どちらも、すべて彼の小説に通ってくる。)
He released his latest novel (IQ84) in 2011. It is a “must read” for all Haruki Murakami fans, actually it is simply a “must read”. (彼は2011年に彼の最新小説（IQ84）をリリースしました。これは、すべての村上春樹ファンのために”読まなければならない”であり、実際には単に “読まなければならない”です。)
Apart from being a sucessful actress and fashion model, Denise Richards was, famously or infamously, married to that rascal Charlie “Tiger Blood” Sheen.
Denise married Charlie in 2002 and they have two daughters, together. Although now divorced, they are still on good terms.
Anyhow, apart from being tempted to do a post on Charlie (we will try to hold off on that temptation), we would recommend that Denise Richards is worth a follow (she has 2,3 million followers on Twitter).